My name is Joel Hughes and since before 2001 I’ve been helping people and organisations take their business online. This could be building or redesigning a website, setting up a WordPress blog, helping them with their ongoing web strategy, or training their team with skills such as Twitter, Linkedin or Blogging.
I can help you with:
- Websites (especially WordPress)
- Web strategy (helping you see the bigger picture online)
- Training (Twitter, WordPress, SEO etc)
Why work with me?
My clients always say that I’m very good at explaining things and that I don’t try and blind people with technical mumbo jumbo. People rightly believe that I’m on their side; looking to see how web technology can benefit their needs.
“Joel made me feel valued from the first moment I contacted him. When I asked my shortlist companies for a quote that is exactly what I received from everyone, except Joel. He wanted to meet me to find out what I really needed for my new business.”
If it’s a website you’re looking for then I can help. And I’ll be determined to create something of value to you & your business. Something which is focussed on your audience’s needs and something which truly reflects your products, your services, and your brand personality. In short, something which adds value to your business; something which helps entertain & engage customers & leads, and something that you and your team can be proud of.
Recent Blog Posts
- Don’t let me down (on Twitter) (11/29/2013) - Social media is a cracking opportunity for businesses (especially the little guys) but many times folks are completely stumped as to the first steps to take. A common cry is “what would I say?! Why would anyone be interested in me?!“. This post is about how to get started on Twitter. Twitter can be very […]
- Twitter Image Preview Help Guide (11/22/2013) - Recently Twitter ‘upgraded’ the experience so that images are automatically previewed in the timeline. This means that, when you are viewing your tweets via the Twitter website or via the official apps; pictures are not just links; you get a teasing preview. In the picture below you can see some tweets from the official app […]
- Wanted: Landmark co-working in Newport (11/14/2013) - As some of you know, I’m a big advocate of Newport. Our lovely city has seen better days but I believe we’re on the cusp of change with the latest developments at Friars Walk helping bring this to light. Newport’s geography is spot on; perfectly accessible from London, Bristol, Cardiff; slap bang on the M4 […]
- “My Heroes of the Apollo Project” (Ignite Cardiff Talk) (11/4/2013) - Recently I was lucky enough to be able to talk at the Ignite event in Cardiff. If you’ve not come across Ignite before, it’s great fun (if a little whacky). Basically you have 5 mins to give your talk but (and this is the nerve wracking bit), your slides automatically change every 15 seconds…no time […]
- ‘The Business of Web Design’ (call for speakers) (10/27/2013) - On the 18th of July 2014 there is a special conference coming to Cardiff, Wales. “The business of Web design” (tboWD) is all about helping web design freelancers and micro-agency owners* be better at what they do; it’s one thing being able to eat RWD for breakfast, it’s a different thing to be able to […]