My name is Joel Hughes and since before 2001 I’ve been helping people and organisations take their business online. This could be building or redesigning a website, setting up a WordPress blog, helping them with their ongoing web strategy, or training their team with skills such as Twitter, Linkedin or Blogging.
I can help you with:
- Websites (especially WordPress)
- Web strategy (helping you see the bigger picture online)
- Training (Twitter, WordPress, SEO etc)
Why work with me?
My clients always say that I’m very good at explaining things and that I don’t try and blind people with technical mumbo jumbo. People rightly believe that I’m on their side; looking to see how web technology can benefit their needs.
“Joel made me feel valued from the first moment I contacted him. When I asked my shortlist companies for a quote that is exactly what I received from everyone, except Joel. He wanted to meet me to find out what I really needed for my new business.”
If it’s a website you’re looking for then I can help. And I’ll be determined to create something of value to you & your business. Something which is focussed on your audience’s needs and something which truly reflects your products, your services, and your brand personality. In short, something which adds value to your business; something which helps entertain & engage customers & leads, and something that you and your team can be proud of.
Recent Blog Posts
- Newport Tech Club – fancy it? (3/1/2014) - I’ve been playing around with tech & stuff which is at the fringe of my knowledge; specifically Arduino and funky web stuff such as Yeoman, Angular.js & Heroku. The thing is, I find there is only so much learning I can do on my own and online. Videos, blog posts etc are all well & […]
- What’s wrong with a cheap website? (2/28/2014) - I read a great post today, “What A Free Website Says About Your Company“, and I was leaving such a lengthy comment that I thought I’d better turn it into a blog post instead. My company’s websites start from a couple of £K upwards. I completely understand that that budget may put things out of […]
- Sponsorship Opportunities (2/24/2014) - I’ve got quite a few things coming up this year which offer sponsorship opportunities to organisations looking to embrace the web community and I thought I’d blog about it in one place as a bit of a mini round up. 1) Port80 Port80 is my Newport based web conference which is in its third year […]
- The Web Agency Podcast (12/13/2013) - Recently I was invited on to the Web Agency Podcast to talk about running a web business. This Australian based podcast focusses on the business side of freelancing and running your own business – a subject close to my heart given my ‘The Business of Web Design‘ blog & conference. In this episode we talk […]
- Don’t let me down (on Twitter) (11/29/2013) - Social media is a cracking opportunity for businesses (especially the little guys) but many times folks are completely stumped as to the first steps to take. A common cry is “what would I say?! Why would anyone be interested in me?!“. This post is about how to get started on Twitter. Twitter can be very […]